Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rocking Out!

 Do you remember collecting stones as a kid?  Maybe you had a favorite tin or a child-sized shoe box where you kept some of your favorite rocks.  Now that we are more or less grown up, we can still collect rocks.  Here's my latest collection.
One of my online bead buddies, Jeannie Dukic, of JKD Studio, sent me a sampling of her new line of polymer clay faux stone and faux pebble beads and and pendants.
Each stone is just as unique as real stones are, but instead of being a burden on your earlobes, these faux stones are as light as a feather.
 
I topped the "stones" with some rustic, faceted Czech glass and a bit of wire wrapping.
So show some rocker chic attitude!  I think these earrings would be fun to wear with this outfit, now that things are warming up a bit (at least it's getting warmer here, in Washington state).  The Rock Out earrings are available here: Linda Landig Jewelry.
Boho.com


Linda



10 comments:

  1. That girl in the picture looks EXACTLY like my BBF'S daughter. EXACTLY. That is her doppelganger.
    Linda, THANK YOU so much for graciously accepting my offer. I was so excited when you did. Wire wrapping is awesome and I could definitely see anyone wearing these. They go with everything. Your everyday earrings. :)

    I'm giving away a pair of earrings and a Faux Stone on my blog.
    http://site.jkdjewelry.com/blog/2014/04/23/mango-tango/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM Gershhh I love these earrings!! I think Jeannie's faux stones are awesome! I love the wire wrapped look and if I didn't already know these were polymer I might not believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out totally FAB!!! That funky dress you chose is just perfect, I love it!!! Great work Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a rock collector since I was very young thanks to my grandfather and my father. These earrings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! Love those stoney beads - must go check them out. Gorgeous earrings too - nice wirework!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beads are super cool! I love the earrings you came up with. They would work perfectly with that outfit too.
    ~KElsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those faux stone earrings look like the real deal, so cute!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I can't believe how realistic those are...they truly look like real rocks and made really interesting earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the beads and earrings! I can't believe those are not stones! And the outfit is perfect! Beautiful work Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! What a great pair of earrings and the outfit totally rocks (no pun intended!) LOL Love it!

    ReplyDelete